Aunt Bessie's Shortcrust Pastry Mix 500g
A shortcrust pastry mix
Perfect for pies, tarts and quiches
Suitable for vegetarians
"I've selected only the best ingredients for my Shortcrust Pastry mix to help you create perfect homemade pies, tarts and quiches. Now it's over to you. Simply add cold water to the pastry mix and roll out to create your favourite sweet and savoury dishes."
For all my latest news, tasty recipe ideas and competitions.
Aunt Bessie's logo and device is a registered trademark of Aunt Bessies Ltd.
Produced under license for Aunt Bessie's.
Reference intake of an Average Adult (8400kJ / 2000kcal)
Typical values (baked as directed) per 100g: Energy 2086kJ / 498kcal
Table of Nutritional Information
|(baked pastry mix) Per 100g (baked)||(baked pastry mix) Per 1/8 pack* (baked)|
|of which saturates||11g||6.1g|
|of which sugars||1.3g||0.8g|
|*This pack provides 8 servings|
- Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin),
- Palm Oil,
- Rapeseed Oil,
- Raising Agents (Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate),
Suitable for Vegetarians
For allergens, including Cereals containing Gluten, see ingredients in bold
Aunt Bessie's Limited,
Kingston upon Hull,
How to Prepare... Now Over to You
1. Empty the contents of the sachet into a bowl and add 8 tablespoons of cold water.
2. Mix together, first using a knife and then using your hand to create a firm dough. If the pastry is crumbling, add a little more water.
3. Try to handle the pastry as little as possible as this will help you achieve a light, crisp pastry.
4. Roll the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface and use according to your recipe.
5. This packet will generously line and cover a 23cm pie fish.
Tip: For a golden brown finish, brush the pasty with beaten egg or milk before baking.
Store in a cool, dry place.