Finest Unsmoked Wiltshire Gammon Joint
- Unsmoked Wiltshire cured gammon joint with added water.
- Our Tesco finest* gammon comes from outdoor bred pigs, which give tasty and succulent pork. Our experts cure the meat by steeping it in an aged Wiltshire brine for a distinctive salty taste before air drying it to develop the texture.
INGREDIENTS: Pork (90%), Water, Salt, Preservatives (Potassium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite)
Keep refrigerated., Once opened, consume immediately.
Temperature: , ,
Instructions: 190C / Fan 170˚C / Gas 5 30 mins per 500g plus 30 mins Allow joint to rest for 5-10 minutes, allowing the colour to return and the natural odour to dissipate. Place in a roasting tin, and cover loosely with foil. Calculate cooking time at 30 minutes per 500g plus 30 minutes. Cook in the centre of the pre-heated oven. Remove foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking time. Allow joint to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes before carving. For crunchy crackling, follow the cooking instructions but do not cover with foil. Remove strings, carve and enjoy.
Instructions: Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- Remove all packaging.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Tesco recommends that all meat products are cooked thoroughly.
- Always wash hands, surfaces and utensils after contact with raw meat
using pork from
Number of uses
- Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after purchase but always by the 'use by' date shown.
- Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 24 hours in the refrigeratorOnce defrosted use on the same day and do not refreeze.Follow the preparation guidelines above.Not suitable for cooking from frozen.